- 08.03.2022: We have several Ph.D. positions available in AI for Programming Education.
- 08.03.2022: We have several postdoctoral positions available in AI for Programming Education.
- 27.02.2022: AAAI-22 Outstanding Paper Honorable Mention Award for the paper "Bayesian Persuasion in Sequential Decision-Making" by J. Gan, R. Majumdar, G. Radanovic, A. Singla.
- 20.01.2022: We have several Ph.D. positions available in various topics including (i) neuro-symbolic reinforcement learning, (ii) machine learning applied to program synthesis and formal methods, (iii) adversarial reinforcement learning, and (iv) AI for education and intelligent tutoring systems.
- 10.01.2022: I received an 2021 ERC Starting Grant for the research project TOPS — "Machine-Assisted Teaching for Open-Ended Problem Solving: Foundations and Applications". The grant provides a research funding of 1.5 Million Euros over a period of 5 years.
- 01.10.2021: I am co-organizing the workshop RL4ED - Reinforcement Learning for Education as part of the AAAI'22 conference.
- 01.09.2021: I created the following two websites to summarize different outreach activities from our group: (i) https://teaching-machines.cc/ and (ii) https://rl4ed.org/.
- 25.04.2021: I am co-organizing the workshop RL4ED - Reinforcement Learning for Education as part of the EDM'21 conference.
- 25.04.2021: I am co-organizing the workshop Human-AI Collaboration in Sequential Decision-Making as part of the ICML'21 conference.
- 12.04.2021: I will be co-teaching the tutorial Reinforcement Learning for Education as part of the IJCAI'21 conference.
- 12.04.2021: I will be co-teaching the tutorial Recent Advances in Reinforcement Learning for Human-AI Collaboration as part of the IJCAI'21 conference.
- 29.10.2020: I gave an invited talk "Machine-assisted Teaching for Open-ended Problem Solving" at the MPG's Chemistry, Physics, and Technology (CPT) Section Symposium.
- 10.05.2019: I am co-organizing the doctoral consortium at HCOMP 2019 conference. Applications due until 9th August 2019.
- 25.01.2019: Our project proposal has been accepted as part of Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship 2019 Programme: Reinforcement Learning for Enabling Next Generation Human-Machine Partnerships.
- 24.08.2018: I gave an invited talk "AI for Teaching and Assisting People" at the event "Principles of Intelligence: A Celebration of Colleagues and Collaboration", Microsoft Research, Redmond.
- 07.03.2018: I gave an invited talk "Machine Teaching: Towards more realistic student models" at SILO seminar, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
- 01.01.2018: I helped launch a health education platform "Healthsoul Blog" operated by Healthsoul LLC.
- 12.12.2017: I gave an invited talk "Learning With and From People" at California Institute of Technology, Pasadena.
- 02.10.2017: I joined MPI-SWS as a tenure-track faculty (W2) to lead a new research group focused on Machine Teaching.
- 22.07.2017: I obtained my Ph.D. degree from ETH Zurich.
|Imprint / Data Protection|