Course structureThis 7-credit advanced course will introduce the concepts of Reinforcement Learning (RL) and explore its applications to real-world problems. The course will be structured as follows: (a) the months of November'22 and December'22 will involve weekly assignments comprising reading material, exercises, and implementation; (b) the month of January'23 will be dedicated to a course project and research papers.
The course will be partly based on a Flipped Classroom approach and follow the book Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction by Sutton and Barto. Every week, we will release weekly assignments that students will have to submit in the following week. There will be a lecture / tutorial session held every week where the weekly material will be discussed in detail. In addition, we will schedule designated office hours where students can clarify any doubts about the course. More concretely, the weekly schedule will be as follows:
- Lecture / Tutorial sessions (from 8 November): every Tuesday 10:15am–12pm
- Office hours (from 14 November): every Monday 12pm–1pm and every Wednesday 11am–12pm
- Release of weekly assignment: Tuesday 12pm with a submission deadline in one week.
- Submission of assignment: following Monday 6pm (one week after the assignment is released)
- 8 November 2022: The first introductory session will take place on this date. We will be organizing the course over Zoom, and details have been sent out to students via email. We will be hosting the content over mpi-sws cloud service and not update this webpage from now on.
- 3 November 2022: Please check in case the confirmation email ended up in the Spam folder; also, we could not get in touch with some students because of wrong email ids. If you haven't received an email from us, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 November 2022: We have sent a confirmation email to all the students who filled in the form. Over 50 students registered their interests, and all of them have been enrolled in the course.
- Until 20 October 2022: We request you to register your interest in the course using the form provided below.
Course registrationWe request you to register your interest in the course using the provided form. We will use this information to create mailing lists and personal submission links for students. Please refer to the timeline above. (Note: the form link has now been removed after the deadline).
|Imprint / Data Protection|