Course structureThis 6-credit course will introduce the basic concepts of Reinforcement Learning (RL) and explore its applications to real-world problems. The course will be structured as follows: (a) the months of November'21 and December'21 will involve weekly assignments comprising of reading material, exercises, and implementation; (b) the month of January'22 will be dedicated to a course project.
The course will be based on a Flipped Classroom approach and will be primarily based on the book Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction by Sutton and Barto. Every week, we will release weekly assignments that students will have to submit in the following week. There will be a tutorial session held every week where the weekly material will be discussed in detail. In addition, we will schedule designated office hours where students can clarify any questions about the assignments and receive feedback on their solutions. More concretely, the weekly schedule will be as follows:
- Release of weekly assignment: Thursday 4pm with a submission deadline in one week.
- Submission of assignment: following Wednesday 4pm (one week after the assignment)
- Tutorial sessions: every Thursday 2pm - 4pm
- Office hours: every Monday 11am - 12:30pm
- 22 October 2021: We will be organizing the course sessions over Zoom and hosting the content over mpi-sws cloud service. We will not update this webpage from now on.
- 21 October 2021: There are no more free spots in the course, and we do not have an auditing option. If you are interested in studying independently, we recommend you the book Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction by Sutton and Barto.
- 21 October 2021: We have sent an update email to all the students who filled in the registration form. Please check in case the email ended up in the Spam folder; also, we could not get in touch with some students as the email id was missing. If you haven't received an email from us, please send your inquiry to email@example.com.
- 18 October 2021: Registration is closed now. We appreciate your interest in the course. We had over 80 students apply to the course; however, we have a limited capacity of 20. We will send you an update on the course enrollment in a few days.
- Until 15 October 2021: Register your interest in the course using the link provided below.
Course registrationDue to limited capacity in the course, we request you to register your interest using the provided registration form (Note: the form link has now been removed). In the form, you will have to provide a short motivation text explaining why you are interested in taking this course and mention the relevant courses you have taken along with your grades. We will send you an update about the status of your course enrollment. Please refer to the timeline above.
Organizersrlfirstname.lastname@example.org. Importantly, please do not send course-related inquiries to individual emails of organizers.
|Imprint / Data Protection|