Course structureThis 6-credit course will introduce the basic concepts of Reinforcement Learning (RL) and explore its applications to real-world problems. The course will be structured as follows: (a) the months of November'21 and December'21 will involve weekly assignments comprising of reading material, exercises, and implementation; (b) the month of January'22 will be dedicated to a course project.
The course will be based on a Flipped Classroom approach. Every week, we will release weekly assignments that students will have to submit in the following week. There will be a tutorial session held every week where the weekly material will be discussed in detail. In addition, we will schedule designated office hours where students can clarify any questions about the assignments and receive feedback on their solutions. More concretely, the weekly schedule will be as follows:
- Release of weekly assignment: Thursday 4pm with a submission deadline in one week.
- Submission of assignment: following Wednesday 4pm (one week after the assignment)
- Tutorial sessions: every Thursday 2pm - 4pm
- Office hours: every Monday (time TBD)
Course registrationDue to limited capacity in the course (total of 20 students), we request you to register your interest using the following Registration Form. In this form, you will have to provide a short motivation text explaining why you are interested in taking this course and mention the relevant courses you have taken along with your grades. We will send you an update about the status of your course enrollment. Please refer to the timeline below.
Organizersrlfirstname.lastname@example.org. Importantly, please do not send course-related inquiries to individual emails of organizers.
Timeline and updates
- Until 15 October 2021: Register your interest in the course using the link provided above.
- 22 October 2021: We will send you an update about the status of your course enrollment.
- 28 October 2021: First tutorial session will take place.
|Imprint / Data Protection|